Tuesday, May 14, 2013

5th Post

I like the Wordle because it helps the students to really think about character descriptors. This would certainly prove helpful when we read things such as the Canterbury Tales with so many different characters. I created an example Wordle based on Lady Macbeth.
Another tool that I like is this blog. I am not sure if I want to have students create individual blogs to be maintained throughout the year or if I want to simply do a class blog, but one or the other will definitely be done. I like the extension of the classroom beyond my door and I know that students will be better prepared if everything is easily accessible at their fingertips. Perhaps through some kind of blog commenting we can generate discussions that will further enhance their understanding of material with help from their peers. Just because I don't want to be perusing a blog at midnight doesn't mean they won't feel like it, and I'd like to give them every opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment